Net Zero and Connected Communities are setting the agenda for the way our lives will change over the coming decades. The new National Cyber Strategy spells out the hugely important role that cyber security will play in ensuring safe delivery of these emerging technologies.
Cybersecurity is a vital part of intelligent, integrated and interconnected energy systems coupled with demand-oriented city infrastructures, governance models and services that foster energy sustainability.
This event brings the region’s Smart Cities, energy management and cyber security expertise together to explore arising issues and commercial opportunities.
This event is ideal for:
– Academia, Local Authorities and businesses
– Net Zero and Connected Communities
– Cyber security companies
Welcome and introductions
– CyberNorth – Phil Jackman CyberNorth
– Sunderland – Patrick Melia, CEO Sunderland City Council
Cybersecurity in Smart and Critical Infrastructure
Panagiotis Sarigiannidis – Director of ITHACA Lab, Co-founder of MetaMind Innovations P.C., Associate Prof. University of Western Macedonia
Cyber Security opportunities to support Connect Communities and Net Zero.
Igor Kotsiuba, CEO of iSolutions Labs, Sunderland based cybersecurity agency.
– Phil plus speaker(s)
Break Break out and Round table discussion. (Each table is chaired by an individual expert. Participants to rotate after 20 mins if wanted)
– Table 1 Academic research on Connected – chaired by Alastair Irons, Academic Director for Digital Education, Sunderland University
– Table 2 Academic research on Net Zero – chaired by Prof. Inna Skarga-Bandurova, Oxford Brookes
– Table 3 Supporting the National Cyber Strategy – chaired by Phil Jackman, lead CyberNorth
Summary and next steps
– Phil and all
Opportunity to mix
The event is free to attend and is open to all organisations and North East SMEs. This event is part of the Catalysing Innovation in North East Clusters project, delivered by the Innovation SuperNetwork and part-funded by ERDF.
The data captured on this form will not be shared with anyone outside of this project and will be stored securely and retained in compliance with The European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you would like any further information, please contact email@example.com.