Virtual Coffee: Cyber Security For Scotland’s Maritime Sector
Thursday 24th August, 10:00 am – 11:00 am BST
Join CENSIS for a virtual coffee to connect with other companies, researchers and stakeholders working in the same space or with the same interests as you.
In this session, organised in partnership with the University of Abertay’s CyberQuarter, Scottish Enterprise, ScotlandIS and the Scotland 5G Centre, we’ll be talking about cyber security issues associated with the maritime sector.
About this session
This session looks at cyber risk in the maritime sector. Increasingly, many of the systems required to ensure the safety of a ship, including navigation, power supply and cargo management are being connected to the internet. There are many benefits associate with this but there are also risks. They will explore the extent to which maritime assets could be affected by a cyber incident, including ships, their crews and cargo, and even ports.
- Join to chat about this maritime cyber security, share opinions and connect with new people. As always the discussion is drive by you, but some of the topics we might cover includes:
- Current cyber security needs in the sector
- Identifying the major risks if no action is taken to develop new cyber solutions
- Opportunities for cyber products or solutions in this sector
- Challenges and barriers to developing or applying new solutions
- What does the cyber security community need to drive innovation in this sector
- Best practice methods
- Industry collaboration with colleges and universities and creating more scaling cyber companies in Scotland